About the Scholarship
Five scholarships were awarded in 2017 to graduating high school seniors. Scholarships are awarded to three graduating high school seniors from around the nation and two graduating seniors who live in Coppell, TX (one from Coppell High School and one from New Tech High).
The scholarships in 2018 are presented by the NIKE Global Socks Team. We are thankful for their support!
Apply Now for the 2018 Scholarship!
Presented by the NIKE Global Socks Team
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Taylor’s Gift Scholarship presented by the NIKE Global Socks Team!
- Click here for the 2018 Scholarship Criteria
- The applicant must complete and submit the online application in one sitting (there is no option to save and come back).
- All required information, two written essays, and two letters of recommendation are due by the application deadline.
- No late applications, essays, or recommendation letters will be accepted.
- Multiple submissions are not permitted.
- Not following the submission guidelines may disqualify the applicant.
- All applications submitted are final and cannot be changed.
- Only applicants who live in Coppell, TX are able to apply for the New Tech High @ Coppell or Coppell High scholarships, all other applicants must apply for the National scholarship.
- If you have any issues uploading your letters of recommendation, please send as an attachment with your name in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: to access the scholarship application you MUST be logged into a Google Account. To sign-up for a free Google Account, click here.
Click the button below to apply!
Application deadline is April 13th, 2018
Scholarship recipients will be contacted by mid-May 2018 and announced on the Taylor’s Gift website by June 2018.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com!
2017 Scholarship Winners
What does "Outlive Yourself" mean to you?
To me “outlive yourself” means that the impact that you make lasts longer than you do. We all only have a limited time to be here, but the way that we help, influence, and lead other people is timeless. Whether we realize it or not, we have an impact on every single person we interact with.Adam Coberly Graduated: Coppell High School Attending: Texas A&M University
For me, outliving yourself reflects an understanding that giving back to others will let you have a more fulfilling and impactful life, rather than focusing solely on your personal success. By performing random acts of kindness in order to pay it forward, volunteering with and donating to organizations that help people in need, or simply by being compassionate and having empathy for those around us, we can all infuse some much needed positivity into the world around us.Caroline MillerGraduated: Carroll Senior High School Attending: Vanderbilt University
Live Third. A friend recently introduced me to this mantra and I think that it is perfectly synonymous with Outlive Yourself. To live third means to put Yourself last, after Jesus and after Others, in order to live a life full of JOY. Outliving Yourself means being brave enough to live this joy-filled life. I believe that both of these phrases encompass what it means to truly live.Gabriela KeatorGraduated: Miss Hall’s School Attending: St. Louis University
I am honored to receive the Taylor’s Gift Scholarship presented by NIKE. I believe “To Outlive” yourself is having the ability to be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.Lily ZhangGraduated: Staten Island Technical High School Attending: UC Berkeley
Outliving yourself means that you are purposeful in your interactions with others and in your aspirations. By being mindful of your potential to impact the lives of others you can create a legacy of positive change that exists long after you do. This can be something as small as treating others with respect and dignity—your actions have a ripple effect that never ceases to be in motion or to touch lives.Taylor ClarkGraduated: New Tech High School at Coppell Attending: The University of Texas at Austin