The latest articles published on Organ Donation.
Did You Know…
- Vital organs (heart, kidneys, etc.), tissues (like the eyes and skin), and many other things can be donated.
- People of all ages and medical histories are potential donors.
- There is no cost to the donor’s family or estate for organ and tissue donation.
- Donation does not change the appearance of the body for the funeral service or otherwise.
- All major religions approve of organ and tissue donation and consider it an act of charity.
- The identities of all parties are kept confidential. Communication only occurs if desired by both parties.
- Only after a person is declared legally dead does organ and tissue recovery begin.
- Blood type, time on the waiting list, severity of illness, and other MEDICAL criteria are the only considerations.
- Buying or selling organs is a federal crime, punishable by jail time and fines.