Taylor’s Place is designed to be a resource for those touched by organ donation.
Whether you are a transplant candidate, a donor family or interested in learning more about organ donation, our goal is to provide and point you to the information you need.
Spend some time at Helpful Resources above.
If you have suggestions of websites that should be added, please contact us! We’re always looking to add helpful resources for people!
Did You Know…
- Vital organs (heart, kidneys, etc.), tissues (like the eyes and skin), and many other things can be donated.
- People of all ages and medical histories are potential donors.
- There is no cost to the donor’s family or estate for organ and tissue donation.
- Donation does not change the appearance of the body for the funeral service or otherwise.
- All major religions approve of organ and tissue donation and consider it an act of charity.
- The identities of all parties are kept confidential. Communication only occurs if desired by both parties.
- Only after a person is declared legally dead does organ and tissue recovery begin.
- Blood type, time on the waiting list, severity of illness, and other MEDICAL criteria are the only considerations.
- Buying or selling organs is a federal crime, punishable by jail time and fines.