Some common questions about Grassroots fundraising:
Who should I make my check out to?
- Please make all checks payable to: Taylor’s Gift Foundation. Please put the name of your event in the Memo section of the check.
Where do I mail donation checks?
- All donations must have a donation form attached and should be mailed to the address on the donation form:
Taylor’s Gift Foundation Grassroots Events
P.O. Box 210-167
Coppell, TX 75019
- Payments can also be made at:
How do you know that a donation is for me?
- The only way we know that a mail-in contribution was made on your behalf is if the donor has placed event name on the memo line of their check, or attached a donation form to their check.
Is it necessary to send a separate donation form for each donation?
- Yes. In order for a donation to be processed properly it is necessary to send a separate completed donation form for each donation. We will process only one check per donation form. Donation forms can be found here. If you need a donation check to be split, please send a separate donation form for each participant and indicate the amount to be credited to each participant.
What if a check is made out to me, not Taylor’s Gift Foundation?
- If a donor makes the check out to you, simply endorse the check with your signature and “Payable to Taylor’s Gift Foundation” and submit it with the donation form. Please note that the account holder on the check will receive the tax receipt from Taylor’s Gift Foundation.
When will my donations show up in my account?
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing throughout the year.
Can I accept the bulk of the donations and write Taylor’s Gift Foundation one check?
- We do not recommend this method of donation acceptance. If you collect all of the donations and deposit them into your account so that you can write one check, two things will happen: 1) The IRS will consider that deposit income in your account and you will be taxed on the amount, and 2) because the check is from your account, you – and not your donors – will receive a tax receipt from Taylor’s Gift Foundation.
If a business donates goods or services for my event will they receive a tax receipt from Taylor’s Gift Foundation?
- When a business donates goods or services to your event it is considered an “in-kind” donation to your event. The business did not donate the goods or services directly to Taylor’s Gift Foundation; therefore, we cannot issue them a tax receipt.
Can I mail a cash donation with a donation form?
- No, please do not mail a cash donation with a donation form. We cannot accept cash donations. For any cash donation you receive, please convert the cash to a cashier’s check and mail it with a completed donation form. Please be sure to include the donor’s personal information on the donation form so that an accurate receipt can be generated for tax purposes. Please do not deposit the cash into your own account and write a check for that amount; the IRS regards this as income and in addition, if a check is written from your account, you would then receive the tax receipt. It isn’t possible to have a check written from your personal account credited to another donor. However, if you have several cash donations from different donors and want to convert them to one check, you can accompany one cashier’s check with multiple donation forms to indicate the amount that each donor contributed. Each donor will receive a tax receipt for the amount specified on their donation form.
A donor is requesting a 501(c)(3) letter. What is that and how can I get a copy?
- The 501(c)(3) letter is proof Taylor’s Gift Foundation Events is recognized as a nonprofit organization by the federal government. Contact grassrootsfundraising@TaylorsGift.org to obtain a copy of this form.
What additional information should I include with my matching gift form?
- To ensure that the participant you are sponsoring will be credited when the gift is matched, please write the participant’s name, event location and participant ID in the upper right hand corner of the matching gift form. If your company’s matching gift form is completed online and a “notes” field is provided please include the participant’s name, event city and participant ID. Also, please attach a copy of your donation receipt (if available) to the matching gift form.
Once you have made a copy of the matching gift form to retain for your own records, you should mail the original form to:
Taylor’s Gift Foundation
Attn: Matching Gifts
P.O. Box 210-167
Coppell, TX 75019
How long will it take for a matching gift form to be processed and mailed back to the matching gift company?
- When we receive your matching gift form it will be verified and sent back to the company within two weeks to be matched.
How long will it take for the matching gift to show on my donation report?
- This depends on the company’s policy. Please contact the individual company to find out how often matching gifts are distributed. Once we receive the matching gift check, it will be processed and added to your donation report within two to three weeks. Please note that on occasion, the matching gift companies do not note on the check that the funds were intended for your account. If you have confirmed that the matching gift company mailed the check to us and three weeks has passed, please contact us at grassrootsfundraising@TaylorsGift.org so we can be sure to credit the funds to your account.
Can I get credit for an expected matching gift?
- Unfortunately we are not able to provide credit for expected matching gifts. We do this because a matching gift company can, at any time, amend its program and/or its payout schedule. Once funds are received they will be credited to your account.
What happens if the matching gift is not approved by the matching gift company?
- If the matching gift company does not approve a matching gift, the company will contact either the donor or Grassroots Fundraising with a denial notification. If Grassroots Fundraising is contacted, we will pass the information on to the participant.
What some ideas for grassroots fundraising?
- There are a number